- Item Code 0038002
Plantacote® Stability, Elasticity & Quality Plantacote® sets new standards in controlled release Plant Nutrition. This is valid for the concentrated nutrient composition, for the safe and adapted nutrient release as well as for the coating technology which ensures optimum crop safety.
The advantages of Plantacote®:
• Ultrasafe coating: Uniquely tough and resilient
• Safe release even under the most adverse conditions
• Coating reduces mechanical damage during mixing
• The release time is not affected by substrate type, pH, microorganisms, level of irrigation or soil moisture
• Plantacote® starts to release after 2-3 weeks. Due to this specific mechanism the product is very safe to crops
• No risk of salt stress, even after storage of pre-mixed growing media for up to 2-3 weeks
• Release of nutrients is attuned to physiological requirements of the crops
• Minimized nutrient losses
• Strict quality control
• Highest safety for your crops 100% coated controlled release fertilizer with all essential main and trace nutrients for optimal plant growth plus particularly high iron content in each granule. The nutrients are released as needed over the specified longevity depending only on the soil temperature. The typical, delayed initial release after 2-3 weeks makes the product very safe to crops. Plantacote® Pluss is therefore especially suited for dibbling and cultivation of seedlings.
Fields of application: Depending on the longevity, fertilization of container nursery stock, production of bedding and balcony plants, cultivation of potted plant seedlings, fertilization of flowers and shrubs for amenity areas and cultivation of cut flowers.
Type: Granular Fertiliser (Slow-release) - For General Use
Usage: Application once in every 2-3 months
Estimated weight: Approx. 500gm (Prepack)
Mode of Action:
Each Plantacote® fertilizer granule contains the main nutrients nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium. Depending on the product type, magnesium and trace elements could be added. This ensures a homogenous distribution of all nutrients in the growing media.
The nutrient release is regulated by a semi-permeable membrane which completely coats the fertilizer granule. The specific thickness of this polymer coating determines the longevity of nutrient release.
The fertilizer granule absorbs water through the membrane. The nutrient salts dissolve according to their specific solubility. Due to the osmotic pressure the dissolved nutrients pass outwards through the coating, where they are absorbed by the plant roots. This natural mechanism ensures a controlled nutrient release during the whole vegetation period. With the exception of Plantacote® Mix, the nutrient release from Plantacote® fertilizers begins after 2-3 weeks (depending on temperature). This specific mechanism guarantees particularly crop safety and a consistent release effect over the specified longevity.
Before Plantacote® was launched, damage to CRFs from mixing, freezing conditions or high temperature could be a problem, leading to flash release and thus salt scorch. The Plantacote® coating is not only outstandingly tough, it is also so flexible that the strains of even major temperature changes are taken in its stride. Plantacote®’s state-of-the-art coating protects your crop and protects your profit.
All grades of Plantacote® release their nutrients according to the temperature of the growing medium. Nutrient release is unaffected by substrate type, pH, microorganisms, or the amount of irrigation water used.
The release of the nutrients is, just like plant growth influenced by temperature. Under cooler conditions plants grow slowly and require lower levels of nutrients. Under warmer conditions plants grow more quickly.
After the release period, the Plantacote® coating is broken down by chemical and physical processes and microorganisms.